Durability, glossy finish, and various shades make acacia the best choice to decorate the home. Acacia wood outdoor furniture make stunning, solid and high-quality products. Acacia wood is the best alternative for outdoor furniture as compared to teak. It is affordable and provides high-end products. It’s a great choice as it is sustainable, durable, and water-resistant.
Acacia Wood Outdoor Furniture
Acacia wood outdoor furniture must be wrapped. However, hardwood can still rot due to bugs and continuous exposure to moisture or dampness. A sealer resists the penetration of water and can preserve the natural look of wood. For natural look sealers, non-glossy sealers are recommended. Cleaning is a vital factor for long-lasting.
Acacia tree has various names, but the quality is always the same. Whether you call it thorn tree, wattles, or mimosa, you can’t overlook its growth throughout the world. This Australian product has over 13000 species all over the world.
Babul is a species that plays a significant role in manufacturing outdoor furniture. It is treated as invasive species in Australia; now, its growth in Europe, Africa, and Asia makes it perfect for construction purposes. It is famous worldwide, you can’t get rid of it, whether you like it or not. It comes with a hardness rating of 2300, making it 55% harder than hickory. Want to upgrade your backyard experience and be worried to know about acacia wood outdoor furniture. Let’s get into more detail to check whether it’s worth your money or not.
Acacia wood maintenance
Now you are head over heels for acacia wood outdoor furniture. Stay tuned and learn some tips to maintain your piece of furniture.
- Clean regularly: want to keep your furniture intact? Then be diligent and wipe your furniture with a smooth cloth to rub the dust and pollens. Make sure not to spill the liquids on the furniture
- Away from heat: don’t even think to place your furniture around the fireplace, heater, or barbeque. It’s highly sensitive to heat; rub it even if it is under direct sunlight.
- Oil furniture: you love the color of your furniture and want to keep it in its original color. Don’t worry, here you’re; you have to rotate and oil your furniture regularly. In this way, it will remain in its original form, and it won’t turn grey. It won’t influence the integrity.
If you want to upgrade your backyard experience, then the pros and cons of Acacia wood outdoor furniture are worth considering today.
Acacia wood outdoor furniture care:
Now you are head over heels for acacia wood outdoor furniture. Stay tuned and learn some tips to care for your piece of furniture.
Clean regularly: want to keep your furniture intact? Then be diligent and wipe your furniture with a smooth cloth to rub the dust and pollens. Make sure not to spill the liquids on the furniture
Away from heat: don’t even think to place your furniture around the fireplace, heater, or barbeque. It’s highly sensitive to heat; rub it even if it is under direct sunlight.
Oil furniture: you love the color of your furniture and want to keep it in its original color. Don’t worry, here you’re; you have to rotate and oil your furniture regularly. In this way, it will remain in its original form, and it won’t turn grey. It won’t influence the integrity.
Acacia wood outdoor furniture durability:
Well, acacia is famous for its durability, that is why it is the top choice of manufactures. Its surface is smooth, scratchless. It is water-resistant, but it does not mean that it will not get affected. Do you know? Navies around the world used to make ships of acacia wood thanks to its durable nature. Its hardness and density are the key factors that even enhance after processing.
If you need to use the outdoor furniture, then acacia is the perfect choice as its durability is beyond compare. Acacia furniture can last for decades if maintained properly.
Acacia wood outdoor furniture review:
Affordable: Babul species grows in several regions. Sometimes it grows in the wild, or sometimes farmers grow them for beneficial purposes. The sap from this tree is useful in the medicine and food industry. So harvesting expenses pay off.
Acacia wood outdoor furniture pros and cons
Well, acacia is famous for its durability, that is why it is the top choice of manufactures. Its surface is smooth, scratchless. It is water-resistant, but it does not mean that it will not get affected. Of course, it will hold every day roughing and will last for decades. Everyday exposure to sunlight, water, bugs, or other factors lessen the time of acacia wood outdoor furniture.
Sustainability isn’t just a slogan these days. Of course, acacia is sustainable wood, and you would be saving the earth if you use acacia wood outdoor furniture. These trees are environment-friendly and can grow in a range of climates. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and grab acacia wood furniture to give a new outlook to your garden or sitting area.
You want to purchase a design that is unique or reflects your sense of style. Well, don’t worry, acacia wood is exactly for you. An incredible grain stying of acacia can sort out this problem. You can choose different grain variations based on region and can make your piece of furniture.
- A pliable material when freshly cut. It is a workable natural material. Cut the wood into the desired shape and let it dry. After drying, the surface becomes hard and durable. That is why it is a valuable product for benches, tables, and chairs.
- Easy to work with: The height of the acacia tree must be up to 8 feet for creating outdoor furniture. The interesting thing is it can grow up to 82 feet in height. So if you want to invent a large piece, acacia is the popular option for you.
Acacia wood is so durable that you rarely need to worry about your outdoor patio furniture scratching when you come into contact with the items. If you do have scratches appear, then a simple touch-up marker will usually correct the situation. You’ll want to test any repair materials on an unseen area of the surface to ensure that you have a complete match before proceeding. Even if there is a severe issue, a little wood filler and a new lacquer finish will usually create a stunning new surface to use.
It is a very affordable product.
The Babul variety of Acacia wood grows well in the Middle East, Asia, and India. Some of it grows in the wild, while some farmers take advantage of its fast-growing features to create tree farms with it. The sap from this tree is Arabic gum, which is useful in a variety of applications, including medicines and food products. Because there are two valuable products that come from one tree variety, the harvesting expenses are lower than they would normally be.
It can make long or short pieces with ease.
The height of the Acacia tree typically used for outdoor furniture items can be harvested at eight feet, but it can also grow up to 82 feet in height. If you want to incorporate a long bench, table, or buffet as part of your patio experience, then you can use a single slab approach to many of the desired items. The shorter cuts are perfect for various chairs, tables, and miscellaneous pieces that fill out your interior design plans
The durability of Acacia wood is beyond compare.
Navies around the world used to build ships from Acacia wood because of how dense and hard the natural material is even after processing. If you need heavily use your outdoor patio furniture, then this product is the perfect material. When you properly maintain items made from the Babul, then the pieces you have at home can last for several decades. One investment can be all that you need when considering this option.
Acacia wood is a sustainable product to use.
- With over 1,300 different varieties available, Acacia wood is accessible in almost every market of the world. If we take a specific look at Babul trees, then there are ways to make it an entirely sustainable product. Many farmers harvest the wood after they have used all of the sap from the tree, selling it for profit instead of burning it or creating mulch. Some of the trees are removed because they are a nuisance to other growing needs. Your outdoor patio furniture is an eco-friendly option that really is worth the investment because of this advantage.
- Most of the Acacia trees only live for about 20-30 years. The root profile goes deeply into the soil, finding water that other plants are unable to obtain. That’s why they can grow in almost any condition, including areas with extreme drought.
There are varying grain patterns that can complete your look.
- Acacia wood provides you with a lighter natural material than teak, which can be useful in situations where you need resilience without the bulk. Instead of a straight grain or one that barely exists, you’ll find varying patterns based on the wood’s cut, quality, and growing location. That means you get the long-term durability you want, the rot resistance you need for outdoor applications, and at a price, you can afford.
- This advantage allows you to enhance any interior design because it is such a unique element. Your outdoor patio furniture items will become the focal point of that space because the exotic look naturally grabs your attention.
You can choose from solid acacia or engineered wood.
When you start shopping for Acacia wood outdoor patio furniture, you will discover that there are a couple of options available to you. Opting for a solid wood design is your best investment since the strength of the natural material will provide you with ongoing dividends for years to come.
If your money is tight right now and a patio upgrade is necessary, then engineered Babul can help you enjoy various finishes, colors, and other design elements to enhance the space. There are even some laminate versions of this material that you might find to be useful.
List of the Cons of Acacia Wood Outdoor Furniture
Acacia wood requires a high level of maintenance to keep its appearance.
You will want to wipe down your outdoor patio furniture with a slightly damp rag every day to remove any accumulated dust. Acacia wood is a living, breathing raw material that needs a lot of help to survive. You don’t need to worry about spilling water on the surface if there is a lacquer finish on the product, but you must maintain the integrity of the piece.
Certain liquids, such as perfumes or alcohol, will pull moisture from the cells of the wood to create cracking over time. You must avoid polishing products that contain silicone because it will dry out the Acacia wood over time. Detergents or cleaning products that contain ammonia must be avoided as well.
You must avoid areas with heat when using this natural material.
Acacia wood performs well in a temperate environment with a consistent climate. If you place outdoor patio furniture next to a heat source when it is made from Babul, then there is a significant risk of warping that occurs. You cannot place anything made from this natural material next to a fireplace, radiator, or heat vent. This disadvantage is possible even if you place the item in direct sunlight. The product is so sensitive that you’ll want to rotate your furniture periodically to ensure all angles receive the same amount of light and air exposure over time.
The furniture items will begin to darken.
- When you expose Acacia wood items to light and air, then the light color of the original natural material begins to darken. That is another reason why rotating your outdoor patio furniture is a good idea. You will want to avoid setting hot dishes or drinks on tables or chairs made from this product because the darkening effect can occur underneath the object. If you thought coffee mug rings were difficult to remove, then imagine what a permanent dark spot on your new table would be like to manage.
- Unless you perform occasional staining or oiling with your Acacia wood outdoor furniture, it will eventually weather to a dark gray color.
Affordable is only relative to your existing budget.
When you want a high-quality outdoor furniture item for your patio, Acacia wood is rather affordable when comparing it to similar items. You’ll spend about three times less on this material compared to teak while still receiving the same resiliency to outdoor environments. That still means you’re going to spend at least $500 on a set that can give you seating for four and a table. If you want a six-seat outdoor dining set, then expect to pay between $1,500 to $2,500 for that option.
There can be numerous defects and variations to the wood.
Acacia wood comes with numerous defects, including knots, that you will not find with hardwood products. The trees can grow fairly tall, but most of them get harvested when they are shorter and stubbier. It is not unusual for the trunk to twist when growing, even if there are supports in place that try to prevent this from happening. That makes a limited part of the tree available for harvesting for furniture items. If the outdoor patio furniture has several blemishes in the grain, then it may not be fully capable of supporting the activities you hope to accomplish with this investment.
It can buckle, crumble, or break under the right conditions.
When Acacia wood has the moisture pulled out from it for any reason, then the natural material becomes brittle. It can break very easily, even when you are sitting in a chair made from this product. If you live in the desert or an area with consistently low humidity, then you will want to add some moisture to your patio environment to ensure that it doesn’t have a chance to dry out.
Scratches that go against the grain can be challenging to remove.
You can usually fill in scratches with Acacia wood products with a simple stain or marker, but cross-grain damage can be exceptionally difficult to repair. Even when you get the color match right, there will be an interruption in the trademark patterns that this product provides for your outdoor patio furniture. You’ll need to redraw the grain marks to keep the look consistent, which can be challenging if the area of repair is extensive.
The pros and cons of Acacia wood outdoor furniture give you an affordable option that allows you to take advantage of the beauty of this product. It is a sustainable, eco-friendly way to add value to your backyard, deck, or entertainment area without requiring changes to your routine. You’ll need to care for the items daily to achieve the best results, but it is an investment that is definitely worth considering.